Tuesday, July 3, 2012

First Couponing Adventure

This past Sunday I started clipping coupons!  I'm clearly not ready for TLC's Extreme Couponing, but for all my NYC people, I thought I'd share a pretty sweet deal.

In the P&G brand saver, they have a coupon for $1 off two Charmin products.  At Rite Aid, they have a sale going on where one 18 pack of  Charmin Ultra Strong toilet paper is $10.  If you buy 2 at $10, you get a $5 +Up coupon back.  So I grabbed two for $20 and used my $1 off coupon (down to $19), giving me a $5 +Up reward.  I used that +Up reward to buy a bottle of Herbal Essences Shampoo & Conditioner (on sale for 2/$6 - $1 off coupon from P&G brand saver as well) for just a few cents.  Woot Woot!

Retail price on the Charmin packs is about $10.97/pack.  Retail price for the Herbal essences is $3.99/bottle.  Total retail for my purchase was $29.92.  I paid $20.84.  The $9 savings went into my food fund and now I have enough toilet paper to last me a year. 

I wish I had taken a picture of me fumbling down the block with those giant packages in arm.  Such is the single life.

No comments:

Post a Comment