Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Cookies and Rainbows

Sounds like everything awesome in the world, right?  That's because it is.  Yesterday Oreo posted this picture on their facebook wall:
Nabisco is one of an all too small group of companies showing support for marriage equality.  They're also one of the companies currently under fire for their political stance.  Here I thought that cookies could only inspire anger in dieters and diabetics, but the number of hateful posts that Oreo received yesterday is truly shameful.  I don't want to get preachy on my blog.  That's not my goal.  I was raised a staunch Catholic and every Sunday I remember hearing Jesus' word of love.  And in Catechism class I remember learning not only the ever popular, "Do unto others as you would have done unto yourself" but the seemingly forgotten "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone."


Remember: "...love others as well as you love yourself."  Spreading hate speaks volumes of your own feelings of inadequacy.  And always "Judge not, lest ye be judged."

No comments:

Post a Comment