Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Hunger Games: Peeta's Pita Pizza



In honor of this week's cinematic release of the Hunger Games, I've prepared a fun spin on this traditional Italian dish.

You'll need your favorite pita (I grabbed whole wheat), pizza sauce (I'll post my recipe in another post -- look out for it!) and your cheese of choice (I used part-skim Mozzarella).  For my vegan and lactose intolerant readers, you can substitute Soy Mozzarella.  It cooks the same and even tastes pretty similar.

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.  Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.  Place your pita on the parchment paper.  Add your sauce to the middle of the bread and work it out toward the edge.  Do not go all the way to the end or you won't be able to pick it up!  Top with your shredded cheese.  Pop it in the oven for 7 minutes or until the cheese has melted.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much in putting together this post, so much appreciated because it has helped me in my research.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much in putting together this post, so much appreciated because it has helped me in my research.
    http://y3-y8-y9.com

    ReplyDelete