Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wino Wednesday: Sutter Home Merlot

Our first American wine!


"Sutter Home Merlot is produced from grapes grown throughout California's premier coastal and inland valley regions, including Sutter Home vineyards in the Lodi region."

The most striking observation I can note about this wine is the stark difference between its nose and taste.  At first scent, I must admit, I was a bit off-put by it.  It has a very dominant aroma, the spices kick you in the nose.   I was almost positive I would not enjoy this wine.

And then I tasted it.

The black cherries subdue the aromatic spices, mellowing the flavor and creating a really subtle and enjoyable wine experience.  All of the flavor, none of the wincing.

Sutter Home also produced a really great video explaining their Merlot and why it's so great.  Check it out!




No comments:

Post a Comment