Thursday, April 19, 2012

Blueberry Muffins

I was so happy to bring joy to a breakfast party today with some blueberry muffins.  The recipe is from the Food Network, so I'll direct you to their site rather than repeat a recipe that isn't my own, but I did make one substitution: soy milk for the whole milk.  This was purely on an as needed basis (since I needed to make these and didn't have whole milk in my fridge), but it did work!  It was really interesting to incorporate lemon zest in the mix as well.  I only got a tiny taste, but it definitely added an interesting element to the muffins.

The ooey, gooey blueberries exploded as the muffins baked, releasing their sticky sweetness.  These muffins are a fun way to get your antioxidants though there's a lot of fat, so not necessarily the best choice for breakfast or a snack, but better than say, Lucky Charms?

No comments:

Post a Comment