Thursday, April 12, 2012

Out to Lunch: Hummus and Pita Co.

There are tons of restaurants and delis near my office, but finding a healthy bite on the go seems like a tall order for my neighborhood.  So I decided to branch out and take a hike...literally.

I walked just under 2 miles, roundtrip, to head to the Hummus and Pita Co. as I've had such a hankering for felafel for a while now. 

And they totally delivered.  Well, they have delivery, but I walked.  I got felafel on a whole wheat pita with original hummus lettuce and pickle.  I love pickle.  Not the wisest choice on this particular sandwich though.  Otherwise it was perfection!  I also picked up an Izze Sparkling Clementine to drink and felt satisfied without being sick.  Such a great choice though, a word of warning: they have a sort of assembly line set up so be ready with your order or you'll be that guy holding up the line...and no one likes that guy.

Give it a try!  You won't be disappointed.  The photo above is from their website.  Sorry there are no pictures of my lunch.  I just looked at it and, suddenly, it was in my stomach.  I don't know what happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment