Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Wino Wednesday: Palmer's Pinot Blanc

"Palmer Pinot Blanc is an elegant white wine offering subtle flavors of vanilla and melon, with a crisp, clean finish.  An excellent companion with seafood and white meats, it may also be enjoyed as an aperitif before meals."

I was so excited for this wine.  It's from the rocky north shore of Long Island (just like me) and came  highly recommended from my local wine shop, but I'd have to say Palmer Vineyards severely overestimates their Pinot Blanc.

I bought a 2010 vintage and it has absolutely no aroma whatsoever.  And since taste is seventy percent smell, I'm sorry to report that this is just sparkling grape juice that'll get you drunk.  The vanilla and grapes battle for dominance, but neither wins.  No, we're only left the casualties, creating a dull, lifeless libation that makes you yearn for water.  Save your $18.

Vino.  Vidi.  Vici.

No comments:

Post a Comment