Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Scaredy Cat Cooks: Spinach & Mushroom Egg White "Omelette"


I'm not a morning person.  I think we've established this.  So I miss breakfast a lot.  Luckily, I'm a big proponent of breakfast for dinner.  So here's my yummy dinner omelette.

Ingredients
1 tbsp olive oil
4 oz. button mushroom
1 tomato
1 clove garlic
1 cup spinach
Oregano
4 egg whites
dash of salt & pepper

Add oil to a skillet and heat at a medium setting.
Fry mushrooms until brown and add tomatoes.
Stir in garlic and a dash of oregano.
Add spinach and mix until the leaves are wilted.
In a second pan with a greased bottom (oil or butter) heat egg whites.
Add the dash of salt & pepper to the top of the eggs while cooking.
When done, transfer eggs to a plate.  Spoon mushroom and spinach mixture on top of the eggs and fold together (or, if you're like me and broke your eggs, go ahead and just put the mixture on top).

No comments:

Post a Comment